Home » Blog postspage 11

Blog posts

Is the market on the turn?

Adam Walker

My most sophisticated clients monitor their key performance indicators on a weekly or even a daily basis and they are all telling me that statistics such as the conversion ratio of instructions…

Read More

Property taxes must be fair!

Adam Walker

I’m writing this article as the Scottish Parliament is about to announce radical changes to Stamp Duty which will come into effect from 1st April 2015. What is proposed is a progressive…

Read More

The online estate agent

Adam Walker

Online estate agents currently have just 1.5% of the market. Many of them are run on a shoestring from the proprietor’s spare bedroom and many areas have seen a constant stream of…

Read More

How good are you?

Adam Walker

The first thing that I ask for when I carry out a business review or meet someone who is thinking of selling their business, is their key performance indicators. It amazes me…

Read More

So it’s time to sell your business

Robert Jordan FRICS, FARLA Hon, Founder of Jordans, former President of ARLA

In my fifty years of business I have bought and sold a number of businesses but, even making the odd mistake along the way, the end result has been positive. There are…

Read More

Home sweet home

Adam J Walker

According to the national press, the great majority of people dream of being homeowners and hate being tenants. I don’t believe that this is true and by perpetuating this myth, we avoid…

Read More

Avoiding the void

Robert Nichols, Director, Edmund Cude

Rental voids are an eternal worry for landlords everywhere. In many cases, the amount of money lost through a void period can be the difference between a landlord making a gain or…

Read More

Mansion Tax

Trevor Abrahmsohn, Glentree International
mansion image

Vince Cable’s pet hobbyhorse, Mansion Tax, is daft, irresponsible and unworkable – apart from that, a great idea! It will have such a profound effect on the £1m plus residential property sector…

Read More