Changing consumer lifestyles, technology and huge pressure on costs mean the traditional ‘blazer and black book’ traditional estate agency is being reshaped at a bewildering pace.
We ask four people with direct experience of moulding this new future to reveal where they think the industry is heading.
The discussion will range over such questions as:
• Is the high street ultimately doomed?
• In five years’ time, how will a typical agent’s revenues break down?
• Do buyers, vendors, landlords and tenants still need physical branches?
• Why are so many agents considering or moving to the hub model?
• Is the industry slowly moving towards a hybrid model without realising it?
• How can the buying and selling process be freed up?
• Will the UK eventually move to the self-employed, brokerage-style US model?
• Can online transaction processing ever replace hands-on sales progression.