The new UK Property Salary Report is based on the analysis of Deverell Smith’s quantitative data from over 57,000 permanent, interim and contract applications and placements across the UK from Q1 2015 to Q1 2016.
Key points in the survey show that:
- The total number of property job vacancies advertised in the UK was up 28 per cent year on year from April 2015 to April 2016.
- The most significant growth in salaries was for competitive hiring sectors including project management for commercial construction up 12 per cent and New Homes sales up 14 per cent.
- Vacancy activity in UK construction has, over the past 12 months been fuelled by inner city commercial construction and has at the end of Q1 2016 begun to soften as residential starts slowed.
- Major cities outside London saw the largest rise in the growth of property professional vacancies and salaries since 2007.
- Growth of interim hiring activity is rising as the active permanent candidate market opt for stability and employers seek a flexible workforce in the face of market uncertainty.
- London remains the top destination for European real estate investment professionals.
The full report can be found at www.thenegotiatorjobs.co.uk/careers/