NAEA Propertymark has held its first annual industry training awards under the new Propertymark Qualifications brand at a hotel in central London.
The Propertymark Qualifications Award winners 2017 at Le Meridian hotel in Piccadilly celebrated the best learners in the lettings, sales, commercial, property, investors and auctioneer sectors.
The scheme, formerly known as the NFoPP Awards, celebrates the highest-achieving candidates and overall winners in categories who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to learning, as well as companies.
Ten winners (pictured, see list below) were awarded trophies by a judging panel that included David Mackie, President of NAEA Propertymark; Nik Madan, President of ARLA; Melfyn Williams, Chairman of Property Qualifications’ governing body; David Hughes of sponsor MOL and Michael Smith, Head of Qualifications.
“Propertymark Qualifications Awards are a key point in the year when the industry comes together to celebrate a commitment to education. This evening we have focused in on early career potential and outstanding achievement in lifelong learning,” says Mark Hayward, NAEA Propertymark Chief Executive.
“The right approach to education makes a good agent really stand out; fostering an appetite for learning and combining that with professional experience both in relation to individuals and embedded within the culture of a business.
“This year there have been candidates who achieved to an exceptionally high standard and some who have overcome adversity in their learning, I congratulate them all on their achievement. The industry has a lot to be proud of.”
The winners were, left to right in the picture holding their awards:
* Sara Hawkins – Lettings Candidate of the Year 2017 (extreme right)
* Jenai Renton – Sales Candidate of the Year 2017 (not pictured)
* Victoria Kenyon – Auctioneering Candidate of the Year 2017 (not pictured)
* Christine James – Commercial Candidate of the Year 2017 (third from right)
* Alex Barwick – Inventory Candidate of the Year 2017 (third from left)
* Hannah Bavin – Newcomer of the Year 2017 (second from right)
* John Pye & Sons – Employer Qualifications Ambassador of the Year 2017 (extreme left)
* Christopher Wood – Rising Star 2017 (second from left)
* Jan Hytch – Lifelong Achievement 2017 (centre in front of podium)
* Callum Ellis – Learner of the Year 2017 (not pictured)