We’re excited to be a part of a thriving sector. The lettings industry is predicted to grow at an annual rate of 4.4% to reach £10.9 billion by the end of 2018 with ‘effective product promotion’ a key success factor for the industry.
Research shows that approximately 87 per cent of landlords use a letting agent to manage their property, with just under half of them (45 per cent) owning two or more. From this group, 55 per cent say they use this service to get the right level of support and expertise – which is where we come in…
Spark has a background in property management. Over time, we’ve recognised that the major energy suppliers don’t offer a tailored solution to the growing number of tenants in Great Britain. So we’ve built a great company and practical solution, where one didn’t exist. We understand the importance of regular, guaranteed revenue from your properties and through dedicated partner managers and our approach to void property management, we’ll help you to achieve this.
We offer competitive prices, a range of utilities, including Sky TV and Broadband and a ‘Better than the Big Six*’ service, making us the natural choice for letting agents and their tenants.”
As the only energy supplier focussed on the lettings market, it’s our ambition to make managing utilities easier for our partner agents and their landlords. We offer competitive prices, a range of utilities, including Sky TV and Broadband and a ‘Better than the Big Six*’ service, making us the natural choice for letting agents and their tenants.
The market is expanding; more landlords than ever before are now using a lettings service to manage every aspect of their property – increasing service level expectations across the board. Our aim is simple: provide a multi-utility offering which works for letting agents, landlords and tenants.
Momentum set to continue
We’re always looking for innovative ways to benefit our partners, by providing a bespoke range of services. We add real value by understanding exactly what you need, and identifying how we can apply our process to make energy simple, for partner agents and landlords:
• Our future is multi-utility and we’re working hard to provide a range of products and services for our customers. We currently offer our core service of gas and electric alongside a new offering of Broadband and Sky TV. We’ll provide more info on this in our next blog article.
• We work with Vibrant Energy Matters to make sure all properties meet with the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards in advance of the regulations coming into force on 1st April 2018. More details about this to follow.
• We have a committed partner management team, exclusively set-up for our lettings partners – which includes a dedicated hotline directly connected to Spark HQ, just for you. Our friendly and business-focussed managers are always ready to answer queries and help you manage property utilities, smoothly.
• And we give back through investment in our Academy and participation in Warm Home Discount for the fuel poor, Eco for energy inefficiency and the purchase of Renewable Certificates to fund the change in our energy mix.
We’re always actively improving our processes to benefit our partners and enhance their experience, keeping in line with regulatory requirements and industry developments. Looking for new ideas to support the industry and make energy hassle-free for you is our very reason for existence, we think this why we’ve been recognised in the FT1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe and one of the London Stock Exchange Group’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain, 2017 to name just a few.
* Based on our position as featured in the Which? satisfaction survey 2017 results, compared to the Big Six energy suppliers (SSE, EDF Energy, Scottish Power, E.ON, npower, and British Gas).